The Arkansas Juvenile Detention Association (AJDA) has been established to provide collaboration, education, and support for detention centers across the great state of Arkansas.
The members of the Juvenile Detention Association promote excellence in detention services to children and through this organization we proposed to do the following:
1. Increase communication among the Juvenile Detention Centers in Arkansas
2. Define and interpret the detention process
3. Review and recommend improvements of standards and practices
4. Work for legislation and support for adequate funding for juvenile detention on the state and local levels
5. Facilitate the collection and dissemination of information about juvenile detention issues
6. Promote positive professional working relationships with other organizations, groups and departments which are concerned with juvenile detention